[Slackbuilds-users] make -j -l

Ozan Türkyılmaz ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 13:36:42 UTC 2010

2010/6/20 Niels Horn <niels.horn at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Donald Allen <donaldcallen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Suggestion:
> Setting it automatically does not sound right to me.
> Users may have systems where the build packages where they do not want
> to use all cores for the build process, like a running server.

plus memory consummation will go up. for small programs like slim, it
won't make
much problem. however compiling webkit or kernel needs quiet a lot of
memory. and
Greg'Ar has a point, broken on paralel build happend to me, and not
every maintainer
can test their scripts. i'll vote for note on REDAME if it's known for
paralel builds.

--
Ozan