[Slackbuilds-users] Sbopkg 0.32.0 Released
chess at chessgriffin.com
Fri Mar 5 22:20:44 UTC 2010
I am happy to announce that sbopkg version 0.32.0 has been released. We
have been working steadily since the last release to fix bugs and add a
couple of new features. There is one new addition to the sbopkg.conf
configuration file, so please check out the installed sbopkg.conf.new to
merge the change.
Here is the unedited ChangeLog:
* Add several renames to 50-default renames file.
* Add support for UNSUPPORTED/UNTESTED packages in the SBo repo; thanks to
artourter for the bug report.
* Honor the TAG exported by the user; thanks to Matteo Bernardini for the
* Fix issue where delete sources in package info item menu did not work in
some cases; thanks to artourter for the report, thanks to slakmagik for
the hard work in fixing this and thanks to Mauro for the review and
* Add the ability to skip the prompts for sbopkg's directory creations via
the new config file option MKDIR_PROMPT. This is useful, for example, if
you have some SBo/sbopkg directories on a temporary filesystem and don't
want to be bothered with repeated directory creation prompts. Thanks to
agikhan for the report.
* Address an issue where sbopkg could sometimes pick an older package to
present for installation rather than the most recent one; thanks to
artourter for the report.
* Prevent sbopkg from spitting error messages when trying to determine the
version of some packages (e.g. google-chrome, whose version is discovered
looking into the source package which can be missing). Thanks to alkos333
for the bug report.
* Add ability to temporarily change $ARCH in the 'options' submenu.
Big thanks to all the sbopkg users who have pounded on this utility,
reported bugs, and suggested enhancements. We hope you find this
software useful and these updates beneficial.
As always, a new package and source tarball are available for direct
download from the sbopkg project website: http://www.sbopkg.org.
Please report any issues to the sbopkg mailing list or, preferably, to
the sbopkg Issue Tracker at the project's Google Code page.
Thanks once again to my cohorts, Mauro Giachero and slakmagik, for their
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the SlackBuilds-users