[Slackbuilds-users] [12.2] OpenSSL upgrade breaks EncFS

Andrea Remondini andrea at undeadlinks.com
Mon Mar 8 12:38:15 UTC 2010

Hello,

I found out that the recent OpenSSL upgrade (0.9.8m) causes EncFS to
malfunction (I/O error on the decrypted files).

Reinstalling the old (0.9.8i) 'openssl' and 'openssl-solib' packages
brings EncFS behaviour back to normal.

I still haven't tried rebuilding EncFS with new OpenSSL installed,
though. Not sure if that would make any difference, so advice is welcome
in that regard. In case no one has any experience with that so far, I'll
probably give it a shot in the next few days and report back.

Cheers,

Andrea
<http://www.undeadlinks.org>