[Slackbuilds-users] GConf and Policykit

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Sat Mar 27 14:32:06 UTC 2010

Hello people.

I'm confused: I tried to install libgnome using Slackbuild, on a pristine
Slackware-current system, and it requires GConf. GConf requires Policykit,
which I can't find on Slackbuild.

I went over a load of google results, and have noticed that there seems
to be a certain resistance to installing Policykit on Slackware (could
not find clear motives), which is fine by me, but I do need
libgnome/libgnomeui to run a couple of apps... How do I go about that, if
they all insist on GConf, which insists on policykit?

Neither the README in GConf (which mentions dependency on ORBit-2.0 but
not on PolicyKit) not the one in libgnome[ui] mention Policykit.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

John