[Slackbuilds-users] Maintainership

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Fri Oct 29 17:34:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 18:07:33 -0500
Antonio Hernández Blas <hba.nihilismus at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 8:00 AM, Erik Hanson <erik at slackbuilds.org>
> wrote:
> > For everyone taking over maintenance of recently abandoned scripts,
> > aside from letting the list know, could you please submit the
> > scripts with your updated maintainer info. That way we can get them
> > into the repo soon and not have to try and remember what's going on
> > when you submit updates later.
>
> IMHO i think it would be better to make another threat about this *new
> policy* and also add it into the FAQ or guidelines.

Certainly no threat was made. You quoted me and everyone can see that.

There is no new policy, I just want it to be easy for us admins to deal
with the lump of recently dropped scripts. I don't think I'm out of
line for asking that people do something that makes this a little bit
easier for us. Something as simple as submitting new maintainer info
now can reduce a lot of hassle later. While a maintainer may submit an
update once in a blue moon, we have to deal with submissions every day.
I'm sorry you don't understand that we have real lives as well.

--
Erik Hanson