[Slackbuilds-users] slim

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Wed Sep 15 02:02:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:33:58 -0300
Niels Horn <niels.horn at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:47 AM, Robby Workman
> <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:07:31 +0200
> > Eugen Wissner <belka.ew at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Firstly, slim-1.3.2 is out.  <snipped remainder>
> >

> > See attached.
> >
> > Frank,
> >
> > If you still want to maintain this, please send me
> > an update (probably easiest to just send in the
> > attached tarball if it looks okay with you).  If
> > you don't want to maintain it any more (after all,
> > gdm is clearly superior ;-)), then let me know and
> > we'll go from there.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Out of curiosity...
>
> What's the status of SLiM now?
> I use it on two machines and, although gdm might be superior :) , it
> serves its purpose.

I've gotten quite attached to gdm, so slim is pretty much a
relic as far as I'm concerned... :-)

I'd be interested to know if that tarball I had attached actually
works as expected though - it was untested here.  I'll attach it
again since you actually use slim  :)

For what it's worth, I've not gotten a response from Frank on
this, so if you or someone else who uses it wants to take over
maintenance, I guess it's only fair to allow it at this point.

-RW
-RW