[Slackbuilds-users] mumble and murmur

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 00:23:09 UTC 2011

The mumble and murmur slackbuilds are different versions and I needed to run
the current 1.2.3-stable for my private game server.  I am not certain if
murmur is still maintained.  The murmur,SlackBuild needs this change when
using mumble-1.2.3:

qmake -recursive main.pro \
  CONFIG+=no-client \
  CONFIG+=no-ice \
  CONFIG+=no-bonjour

Also, murmurd did not run via rc.murmur as 'root' via rc.local - the uname
parameter must be set to some regular user ('root' and blank were a no-go,
and setting a user was not ignored). However, doing so means one has to
chown
/var/lib/mumble-server
/var/log/mumble-server
/var/run/mumble-server
to that user, or you get a "not found" error and the log and sqlite end up
in the wrong place (and then clients can't connect).

Right now it is working with these changes, but I'd like to make sure I
didn't do something silly and bork the security before I open it up to the
world. Also, wouldn't it be better to consolidate the mumble and murmur
scripts?

-Ed

--
You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0