[Slackbuilds-users] SWIG? OpenOffice.org?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 15 22:54:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, Bradley D. Thornton wrote:

> I don't think you're going to have any issues. AlienBob's package works
> well, although I'm not sure if his latest one includes the dicts or not. I
> don't think the early one did when LO was first making its break with OOo
> and EllisonCo.

Bradley,

   AlienBob's directory had a slew of individual packages so I'm downloading
the massive tarball from the LO site. Since I use only English other
languages are of no use to me.

> But as far as Microsoft compatibility, anything in OOo is in LO, while LO
> has features not able to be included in OOo - at least that's how I
> understand the licensing issues to be.

   Thank you very much for the clarification. I've been trying to learn how
they're related but had not found anything that answered as well as you just
did.

Regards,

Rich