[Slackbuilds-users] GoogleEarth Won't Start

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 16 19:55:41 UTC 2011

   Using the new SlackBuild script and a fresh copy of GoogleEarth...bin for
13.37/x86_64 I'm running into a puzzling problem when trying to invoke the
application.

   What I see on the virtual terminal is:

/usr/bin/googleearth: line 18: /opt/GoogleEarth/googleearth-bin: no such
file or directory
/usr/bin/googleearth: line 18: /opt/GoogleEarth/googleearth-bin: success

   Well! googleearth-bin _is_ in /opt/GoogleEarth. And I added the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH shown in /usr/bin/googleearth, but all to no avail.

   What might I have done wrong here?

Rich