[Slackbuilds-users] GoogleEarth Won't Start

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Thu Jun 16 20:04:02 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 12:55:41 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   Using the new SlackBuild script and a fresh copy of GoogleEarth...bin for
> 13.37/x86_64 I'm running into a puzzling problem when trying to invoke the
> application.
>
>   What I see on the virtual terminal is:
>
> /usr/bin/googleearth: line 18: /opt/GoogleEarth/googleearth-bin: no such
> file or directory
> /usr/bin/googleearth: line 18: /opt/GoogleEarth/googleearth-bin: success
>
>   Well! googleearth-bin _is_ in /opt/GoogleEarth. And I added the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH shown in /usr/bin/googleearth, but all to no avail.
>
>   What might I have done wrong here?

Are you trying to run it on Slackware64?  From GoogleEarth SlackBuild
README:

 3) GoogleEarth is a 32bit application only.  You need to have the 32bit
 compatibility packages installed to have this work on a 64bit system.
 Otherwise you'll just see "no such file or directory" errors.

--
Audrius Kažukauskas