[Slackbuilds-users] Graphviz Build Error

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 03:57:43 UTC 2011

On 6/16/11, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>> Another thing to check is PKG_CONFIG_PATH in the environment. It shouldn't
>> include /usr/lib/pkgconfig (if it's not set, set it to something like
>> /usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib64/pkgconfig
>> in your .bash_profile or whatever).
>
>    I don't follow you here. /usr/lib/pkgconfig contains 208 files. Are you
> suggesting that I add the additional paths in ~/.bash_profile?

Well, no, I was saying to make sure /usr/lib/pkgconfig is *not* listed in
your PKG_CONFIG_PATH (and make sure /usr/lib64/pkgconfig *is* in there).

You don't have to list 200-something .pc files, the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
just contains the director(y|ies) where the .pc files are located. The
ones in /usr/lib/pkgconfig (if you even have them) are 32-bit, and will
specify things like -L/usr/lib, which you don't want.