[Slackbuilds-users] Help on creating my own local slackbuild repo at home

Matthew Fillpot mfilpot at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 03:40:20 UTC 2011

You can use git.

Run "git clone git://slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds" to clone the
original repo, then to get updates you can go into the resulting
slackbuilds directory and issue the command "git pull".  you can
change the local files are you wish and if you want to review the
differences you can issue the command "git diff".

But to retain your modified copies it would be advisable to keep them
in an alternate location.