[Slackbuilds-users] Grip update recommended -> latest version builds, installs and runs just fine

Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk
Sun Jun 26 20:44:52 UTC 2011

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 06:48:11 -0400
B Watson <yalhcru at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]
> The whole point of having grip available is to avoid
> the "big" desktop libraries (both KDE and GNOME). I have a need for a
> GUI CD ripper that can run well on a crappy old laptop with minimal
> resource usage, and can be installed on Slackware without the KDE
> packages installed. It's also nice not to have to wait a couple hours
> for the Gnome libs to build, on an older/slower/smaller system. Plus,
> the ancient version has all the features I need (hey, it rips CDs...
> and encodes mp3s/oggs, too!)

I am surprised noone has mentioned Asunder, which is exactly a
lightweight CD ripper using GTK2 creating Ogg Vorbis, MP3s & FLAC:
http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.37/audio/asunder/
I always install that one for my Xfce desktop if I need CD ripping.

Yours,
Morten
__
Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér