[Slackbuilds-users] [ANNOUNCE]: Slackware 13.37 rc1 and SBo

Antonio Hernández Blas hba.nihilismus at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:04:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 7:41 AM,  <xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> That is correct the build number reflects the changes to the SlackBuild in
> our case. But just for fun lets say you want to use the logic that this is
> a new Slackware version and the build numbers need to be changed, then they
> should all be reset to 1. In any case we don't dictate how the admin manage
> their system but we do make provisions for the admin to change the build
> number if they want to. For example BUILD="5" TAG="_SBo_13.37" ./Some.SlackBuild

Keeping BUILD the same helps to those one (like me) who still uses
13.0, so they just rsync its local port with SBo 13.1/13.37 and theres
no need to worry (mostly) about changes between slackware version,
BUILD and SBo ports at all... so i don´t see any need (at least for
me) to use that "change-the-build-number-if-they-want" thing ;)

--
- hba