[Slackbuilds-users] google-chrome

Adam Young atyrelyoung at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 00:28:32 UTC 2011

So I awoke from my away time from the internet to discover google-chrome in
extra, nearly the same SlackBuild we have been using for some time. There
was also the addition of obviously needed dependencies that are not included
in stock slackware, which Pat has generously provided in the chrome
directory in /extra.

I personally am a developer channel user, which for those unfamiliar is the
next cycle development for chrome. The problem here is that in chrome 11.x
PAM is now a dependency. Fortunately it doesn't need to be system wide, and
as such I have attached a modified version of the SlackBuild now available
in current, with the changes I have made to make my dev channel version
work.

Static building of the PAM lib is not the most elegant solution, but until
upstream adds a switch ignore the need for PAM it would appear to be the
only real solution. The main reason I bring this up, is because the move to
chrome 11 code in chrome stable looms on the horizon, and will break the
/extra SlackBuild.

Pat, chrome slackbuild maintainers, and/or sbo admins feel free to
use/modify as they see fit.

Regards,

atyoung