[Slackbuilds-users] google-chrome

Matthew Fillpot mfilpot at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 07:24:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
<willysr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It may be a good time to consider PAM sometime after this release, but it's
>> almost never a good time for selinux.
>
> I agree...
> most application must be tweaked in order to work with SELinux

I can see your point, SELinux does add some painful complexity that
does not correspond with the simplicity of Slackware.
However I will separate my efforts into two parts, adding full PAM
support and then adding SELlinux on top of PAM, both actions will be
performed for me to better understand the core libraries and necessary
modifications. The two actions will be separated in my scripts so that
the information is available for anyone who wishes to undertake the
same painful processes. I don't expect my actions to lead back to the
official Slackware or Slackbuilds projects due to the need to modify
official packages, however I always welcome others to expand upon my
work to fulfill their needs. Now I only need to wait for the official
release or 13.37 before I begin my project.

Back to the subject, the potential inclusion of PAM support on future
releases will definitely assist to simplify building of google-chome
and other applications, including using alternate authentication
functions which correspond to my personal uses and goals. Thank you
all for considering this option.

--
-Thank You,
-Matthew Fillpot