[Slackbuilds-users] CHECK THE ^%$D@^*()* REPO!!

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Wed May 4 03:35:02 UTC 2011

Seriously.

DO WE NEED TO MAKE THIS TEXT BEEP AND BLINK AND FLASH?

What else can we do to drive home the "sync your local
copy with what's in our repo BEFORE you submit updates"
point?

I'd rather not start rejecting stuff over this, but geez,
I'm tired of wasting time with it.  Most of the things
I've glanced at tonight would have required me to grab
the README or slack-desc from the git repo to avoid a
revert of previous edits that we've made.

Yes, I know that a lot of the edits are nitpicks.
Yes, I know that we are pedantic (some of us more than others).
Yes, I know it's aggravating at times.
Yes, I know that our edits have occasionally offended some
people ("What, my words aren't good enough?"), and for that,
I sincerely apologize, but it is what it is.  If you aren't
willing to tolerate that, then don't submit it here.

Sorry for the rant, and thanks to all of you to whom this
message is NOT directed - keep up the great work!

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

-RW