[Slackbuilds-users] cardinal.lizella.net - help needed :/

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sat May 14 17:40:24 UTC 2011

Robby,

I realize you may have already considered this, but have you checked into it
lately?  I have used https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/ in the past and still
have a placeholder there (I gave up trying to teach people how to
effectively use computing resourses...).  You only pay for the bandwidth and
storage used and it seems to be dirt cheap.  This way you dont have to worry
about hardware failures.

I know its both fun and effective to run your own server. I have Slackware
13.37 hosting Minecraft and Urban Terror, on my 12Mbps Comcast connection
via a P4 2.4GHz 2GB box just for grins and giggles.  Its always good to set
it up and optimize it for "practice," not to mention having full controll.

Anyway, just an idea.  I'll try to toss a few $$ your way in awhile.  We
just bought a house and money is a bit tight (there were a few unexpected
repairs to the plumbing...).

Ed

--
You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0