[Slackbuilds-users] cardinal.lizella.net - help needed :/

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Tue May 17 16:42:11 UTC 2011

On Thu, 12 May 2011 22:41:39 -0500
Robby Workman <rw at rlworkman.net> wrote:

> Those of you who are familiar with cardinal, I'll cut to the chase:
> we have to replace the server and need help with money.

And wow, did we get it!  I don't know where to begin or even what to
say really.  I'm not generally an emotional person, but the response
from the Slackware/SlackBuilds/GSB/AOLS/etcetera communities has just
about been enough to bring tears of joy.  Seriously, folks, we never
dreamed that the results would have been this outstanding.  Basically,
you contributed enough for us to get a better server than what we were
planning, and we're still going to be able to send a *substantial*
amount to Pat after paying for it.   Once everything is in place with
the new server, and Pat's got his money, we'll give some more details.

We'll definitely have a "thanks" page on the new server in a prominent
place, but in the meantime, I'd like to go ahead and publicize this
list of donors.  These are special people, and they deserve all the
praise that they can get:

Chess Griffin
Eric Pratt
Carlos Corbacho
Niels Horn
Wilson Rodrigues
Bruno Russo
Rich Shepard
Edward Hughes
Roger McCraven
Greg Tourte
Nick Blizzard
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
Robert Neri
Audrius Kažukauskas
Glenn Becker
titopoquito (from LQ)
Guilherme Augusto Ferreira Lima
Paul Wisehart
Jeffrey Schonbrun
Rob Ogilvie
Douglas Mayne
Gilcio Roberto Amaral Martins
Nishant Limbachia
David Somero
Jason Woodward
Vincent Batts
Kenneth Prims
Vinicius Moreira Mello
Dan C
John Maddox
Grant Coady
Chris Willing
Martin Rogge
Steve Kennedy (GSB)
Renaud Pascal
Thomas Morper
Christian Laubscher
Henrik Carlqvist
Bernhard Hoffmann
Ruari Odegaard
Tracy Williams
Steven Masta
Mikko Värri
Chick Tower
Dustin Schnee
Blair Seeney
Christopher Schrauben
R Windgassen
Luigi Trovato
Charles Coffee
Dugan Chen
Eko Nugroho
Joseph Hunt
Chris Abela
Sylvain Robitaille
www.slackermedia.info
Angel Montanez
Marie-Claude Collilieux
Timothy Cogher
Keith Keller
Joost Kremers
Four others who wish to remain anonymous
(if you donated but are not listed here, please tell me asap
so that I can find my error)

Once again, thanks to everyone who helped us on this.  At this
time, the need for donations is gone, and I'll be removing the
"donate" button on http://cardinal.lizella.net as soon as this
mail is sent.  Thanks again, folks!  :-)

-RW