[Slackbuilds-users] lapack

slakmagik slakmagik at gmail.com
Fri May 20 18:02:21 UTC 2011

On 2011-05-20 (Fri) 16:51:03 [+0200], markus reichelt wrote:
> * Donald Allen <donaldcallen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For me, it's no longer a problem; I got it built. My concern is
> > just that others might trip over this and waste time figuring out
> > what I already did.
>
> Folks using SBo should know about env variables and how to adapt
> them.
>

> > Maybe put a note on the page alerting people that the version has
> > changed, the slackbuild awaits updating,
>
> Too much of a hassle. And quite frankly, users should expect such
> minor inconveniences - life, it's out there.
>
> Also, there's several scripts on SBo that don't get updated just
> because of a new version.
>
> A bummer for sbopkg users but hardly a show-stopper for the rest of
> us.

In what way is it a bummer/show-stopper for sbopkg users?

Without sbopkg:

cd foo && ./blas.SlackBuild        # builds
cd bar && ./lapack.SlackBuild      # fails
VERSION=3.3.1 ./lapack.SlackBuild  # builds

With sbopkg:

sbopkg -i blas -i lapack        # blas builds; lapack fails
sbopkg -i lapack:VERSION=3.3.1  # lapack builds

If you already know about this problem, initially typing

sbopkg -i blas -i lapack:VERSION=3.3.1

should work fine.