[Slackbuilds-users] Squid: rc.squid doesn't stop Squid correctly

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Wed Oct 5 11:48:00 UTC 2011

Hallo, Nicolas,

Du meintest am 05.10.11:

> I'm using SBo's 'squid' package for configuring a filtering proxy for
> a school, that works in conjunction with Squidguard.

> There's one minor bug, in that the rc.squid doesn't succeed to stop
> Squid correctly. When I run... :

> # /etc/rc.d/rc.squid stop

> .... and then I call :

> # ps aux | grep squid | grep -v grep

> .... I still have a bunch of Squid processes running, and I have to
> do:

> # killall -9 squid

> .... to stop them.

"squid" needs some time for shutting down - are these processes still
running after (about) 2 minutes?

Alternatively try

   http://arktur.shuttle.de/CD/beta/slack/n1/squid-3.1.14-i486-1hln.txz

There are some small differences in the configuration; that version runs
without problems in many schools in germany and some neighbour states.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut