[Slackbuilds-users] Squid: rc.squid doesn't stop Squid correctly

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Thu Oct 6 08:51:00 UTC 2011

Hallo, Nicolas,

Du meintest am 06.10.11:

>> "squid" needs some time for shutting down - are these processes
>> still running after (about) 2 minutes?
>>

> OK, I investigated a little bit, and I found a couple of reasons why
> Squid wouldn't shutdown correctly.

[...]

Yes - there's another difference in my installation.
My shutdown script doesn't use "/etc/rc.d/rc.squid", for prehistoric
reasons (it comes from SuSE 8.0 and uses SysV). And it has such a kind
of waiting loop too ...

Some years ago I'd tried to switch to "/etc/rc.d/rc.squid" - that didn't
work, and I switched back. Long time ago ...

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut