[Slackbuilds-users] chkconfig fails

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Thu Oct 6 12:39:00 UTC 2011

Hallo, Nicolas,

Du meintest am 06.10.11:

>> I've just tried to compile "chkconfig-1.3.30c", it fails.

> I've been using 'chkconfig' on RHEL and CentOS systems, but I don't
> see what it should be good for on Slackware, where it's a simple
> question of chmod 0644 or chmod 0755 the various startup scripts to
> enable or disable them on boot time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm running a mixed version of slackware, parts are from other
distributions. And sometimes an alien packet invokes "chkconfig" for
SysV.

Searching in other distributions I'd just found a compiled version for
RedHat and a perl script for SuSE - seems the SuSE version does the job.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut