[Slackbuilds-users] Linux Counter support for Slackware (LiCo - the new generation of the old familiar li.org)

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 23:19:14 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 9:53 AM, emmel <the_emmel at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 08, 2011 at 11:41:32AM -0400, Matthew Fillpot wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 11:30 AM, emmel <the_emmel at gmx.net> wrote:
> > > While we are at it: Are there any plans to make a lico-script
> > > package/slackbuild? I know installing it is not much work, but somehow
> > > never got around to do it... And that does make one wonder.
> >
> > The LinuxCounter.net script is just a single bash script that is meant
> > to be run by the user, it is easy enough to download and run it from
> > your home directory. But if you really want a slackbuild for it, then
> > I can throw one together.
>
> Not on my account, at least not if I'm the only one. I mean I could
> easily do this myself (install or write the script), but I was wondering
> if it would be interesting for others. If there are a dozen people or so
> who just can't be bothered to do it manually or don't want to, then it
> would make sense to have one.
> --
> GPG signed
> Fingerprint: 60B4 D8E3 9617 900C 6726  168F D677 5AAD D40F CCE7
> Certserver : hkp://pgp.mit.edu

A slackbuild script for a simple script like this is a bit overkill.  Easy
enough to just run it from your $HOME.  It doesn't need to be installed
system wide.

As for LICO script update, I agree with using /etc/slackware-version along
with uname should be sufficient.

-Ed

--
You! What PLANET is this!
    -- McCoy, "The City on the Edge of Forever", stardate 3134.0