[Slackbuilds-users] Rkhunter 1.3.8 breaks due to the update to file 5.09

Greg' Ar Tourter artourter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 09:25:58 UTC 2011

Hi,

I suspect this change in behaviour from "file" will also create a
problem in the default slackbuild templates where it looks for
binaries to strip

find $PKG -print0 | xargs -0 file | grep -e "executable" -e "shared
object" | grep ELF \
  | cut -f 1 -d : | xargs strip --strip-unneeded 2> /dev/null || true

This line will now react to scripts as well.

Not sure yet what we should do about that but thought I should flag it.

Cheers

Greg