[Slackbuilds-users] Cannot Build OpenCASCADE

Aleksandar Samardzic asamardzic at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 19:18:20 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>  [ ... ]
>
>  The problem is that sometime during the build the system shuts down. This
> happened twice yesterday afternoon when the outside temperature was about
> 81F (and about 88F here at my desk). I had this problem with building the
> latest TeXLive which was resolved by running the build in the early morning
> when the outside temperature is < 60F. Today, this did not work.
>
>  [ ... ]

It could be that ACPI automatically shut your machine down, due to too
high CPU temperature.  You may wist to try to clean, or replace, your
CPU fan, as well as to vacuum your machine air inlets.  Also, you may
try with setting your CPU freq, using cpufreq-set, to lowest allowed
value, and then to re-try compilation.

Regards,
Alex