[Slackbuilds-users] Slackware 14 Tested ( and bulk_extractor question)

Barry Grundy grundy_b at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 14:37:16 UTC 2012

My small list of maintained slackbuilds have been tested on both slackware-current and slackware64-current (as of 06Aug).  They compile and work as expected.

system/aimage

system/foremost

system/lzip

system/sleuthkit

libraries/afflib

libraries/libewf

However,

bulk_extractor (in pending) - FAILED on 32 bit but compiled and worked on 64 bit.  On both systems I used a full install, with only the above packages installed (two of them are optional dependancies - libewf and afflib).  32 and 64 bit tests were done in Vbox VM's.  (32 and 64 bit VM's on a Slack 13.37 64 bit host;  and 32 bit VM on a OSX 10.6.8 host).

The interesting thing is that the 32 bit tests failed (on both hosts) with different errors on the different hosts:

32bit VM on Slackware64 13.37 host:   http://pastebin.com/wcp1uJXc

32bit VM on Mac OSX 10.6.8 host:  http://pastebin.com/r8T2JkBB

Both appear related to pthreads, but I'm not enough of a programmer/code wizard to decipher the error properly.  Searching around leads me to believe this is a GCC error related to include files, but I get lost trying to find out which one and it what source file.  I find it odd that it compiles fine on a 64bit VM.

If anyone has any pointers, I'd be most appreciative.  In the mean time can one of the admins remove bulk_extractor from pending until I track this down?  I need to re-submit anyway to update the README.  I forgot to note the optional dependancies.

Thanks,
Barry