[Slackbuilds-users] My tested slackbuilds as of 02-AUG-2012 Slackware14b1

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 01:24:25 UTC 2012

________________________________
From: King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com>
To: SlackBuilds.org Users List <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org>
Sent: Friday, August 3, 2012 11:41 PM
Subject: [Slackbuilds-users] My tested slackbuilds as of 02-AUG-2012 Slackware14b1

Here are my tested slackbuilds for Slackware-current 02-AUG-2012.   If something needs fixing, or you want me to resubmit, that is fine by me.

[...]

C. Not tested - to be updated on next stable Slackware release

system/nvidia-legacy96-driver
system/nvidia-legacy96-kernel
system/nvidia-legacy173-driver
system/nvidia-legacy173-kernel

I tested nvidia-legacy173-* on 32-bit -current and the kernel module package builds without modification to the SlackBuild.  Attempting to build the driver, however, results in the following error:

/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.7.1/../../../../i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld: .objs/NvCtrlAttributesXv.o: undefined reference to symbol 'dlopen@@GLIBC_2.1'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-slackware-linux/4.7.1/../../../../i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld: note: 'dlopen@@GLIBC_2.1' is defined in DSO /lib/libdl.so.2 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib/libdl.so.2: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
make: *** [nvidia-settings] Error 1
Cleaning up...

I fixed this by adding LDFLAGS='-ldl' to one of the make commands (see attached patch).  I bumped the version from 173.14.31 to 173.14.35, but both versions need the LDFLAGS.

--phillip