[Slackbuilds-users] SlackBuilds Tested with RC1

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 12 20:21:05 UTC 2012

Greetings fellow Slackware users!

The following is the status of all the SlackBuilds that my name is listed as the maintainer.  All of them were tested with Slackware 14.0 RC1.

*** Built and tested OK - Ready for 14.0! ***

-- herrie
-- xrdp - upstream now has 0.5.0; ToDo after 14.0 releases
-- cmatrix
-- whaw
-- CurseTheWeather
-- solfege - upstream update available; ToDo after 14.0 releases
-- dmenu

*** Built and tested OK, but could use an update (attached) for better performance/compatibility ***

-- pianobar
Typically releases for pianobar are driven by changes to Pandora, so you
 almost always have to use the latest pianobar version for proper
compatibility.
Current release in SlackBuild still works, but 2012.06.24 version has some bugfixes.
faad2 (in addition to json-c) is now required and it must be compiled --without-drm or you will get during runtime:
     /!\ Decoding error: No standard extension payload allowed in DRM

To help with this I modified the current SlackBuild for faad2 to make DRM support optional (default is on as it is now).  Diff attached for review by the maintainer and the rest of the list.

-- gnome-mplayer, gecko-mediaplayer (and gmtk)
Version 1.0.6 works *much* better than 1.0.4.
As of 1.0.5, gecko-mediaplayer compiles with the current version of seamonkey (2.11);  You don't have to use 2.0.4.
Common code for gnome-mplayer and gecko-mediaplayer stripped out and put into shared library gmtk
Added optional patch (off by default) to retain old (pre-1.0.5) behavior of only partially filling cache before playing Apple QT Trailer
I have thoroughly tested this with Apple Trailers and the plugin testing site at http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger/test.html.  All the videos played great with no hiccups.
Plugin built against seamonkey 2.11 libs and tested with Firefox.  Recent versions of Chrome do not work with any version of gecko-mediaplayer, so I recommend disabling it in Chrome.

*** Broken / Fixed SlackBuild attached ***

-- quickaccess
Switched sources to yet another maintenance fork (0.8.2-2) so that it works with the current KDE.  See attached.

*** Broken / Obsolete / Should be Removed ***

-- devilspie
Project is dead but some people still keep it working via patches at:
     https://github.com/GNOME/devilspie/commits/master
Won't compile on Slackware 14.0 without at least the patch (and gnome-common dependency) at:
     https://mail.gnome.org/archives/commits-list/2012-May/msg08019.html

I don't really use this anymore, so I'm dropping maintenance for it.  If someone would like to continue maintaining it I recommend that they look into using devilspie2 instead (Uses LUA scripts for configuration)
     http://www.gusnan.se/devilspie2/

-- parcellite
Project is dead and has been superseded by clipit, which is already on SBo and works great on 14.0 RC1.

-- windowlist - Plugin is now included with stock KDE packages.

*** Long Orphaned SlackBuilds ***

I stopped maintaining these long time ago, and nobody has picked them up.  None of these were tested w/ -current.

-- CEGUI - upstream updates are available
-- smc and smc_music
-- DevIL
The SlackBuild for this was orphaned loooong ago.  Unless someone wants to update it to a current version that doesn't require an ugly patch, please remove it.

--phillip