[Slackbuilds-users] vlock is dead

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 08:13:18 UTC 2012

On 08/13/2012 10:43 AM, Chris Abela wrote:
> On 08/13/2012 06:13 PM, Kent Fritz wrote:
>> Moved here?
>>
>> http://freecode.com/projects/vlock
>>

> I am not familiar with freecode.com but I see that the maintainer is
> not the same one who signed the README and the link to source code is
> the original (dead) one. As far as I can judge, the freecode link is
> useless.
>
> Chris

Freecode is the new name/rebranding of freshmeat:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freecode

 From the wayback machine:
http://web.archive.org/web/20071209094752/http://cthulhu.c3d2.de/~toidinamai/vlock/vlock.html
http://web.archive.org/web/20080510094331/http://cthulhu.c3d2.de/~toidinamai/vlock/archive/

debian has the most recent code (e.g. doesn't go to dead link):
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/vlock

If I found the right person; he has a twitter account:
https://twitter.com/toidinamai/

(why did I fiddle with this at 1:12 am?  Heck if I know... I don't even
use it.)