[Slackbuilds-users] In the heat of the night

Markus Reichelt ml at mareichelt.com
Sat Aug 18 15:27:04 UTC 2012

I was deprived of sleep so I thought I'd chime in:

on -rc2 32bit (can't test on 64bit atm) working SlackBuilds:

python/buildbot-slave
development/tcc
libraries/Botan
libraries/dietlibc (download link is dead, get source from cvs)
libraries/libowfat
network/vidalia
system/mksh
system/aespipe
misc/ssss
network/allmydata-tahoe
python/foolscap
python/pyutil
python/python-twisted
python/pycryptopp
python/pyasn1
python/mock
libraries/zfec
libraries/Nevow
python/pyOpenSSL
libraries/zbase32
libraries/darcsver
libraries/argparse

working with fix (attached tarballs):
libraries/cryptopp (patch for new GCC)
graphics/xzgv
this one is a real gem. with the fix attached one also needs to add,
for some weird reason, /usr/lib and /lib to /etc/ld.so.conf (and run
ldconfig), prior to compilation - only then it works. any clues?

not working, needs more investigation when time permits
(Let's blame the new GCC):
network/sslscan
system/extundelete
system/ov51x-jpeg
system/cdfs (also unmaintained by upstream, candidate for removal)

I have two questions:

Some submissions are listed under libraries (or network) while they
are written in python.  What's the consensus about such stuff?  I'd
be in fav of moving 'everything python' to the python category.  I'm
also open to insights of the current scheme of categorization.

What about submissions which maintership has been taken over that do
not feature the 'legal disclaimer/bsd license foo' at the very
beginning of the buildscript?  Would it be ok to just add it?  would
it be ok to add it after having contacted the original
maintainer/submitter as to that concern, having received no veto?
(IMHO not that urgent)

--
left blank, right bald