[Slackbuilds-users] In the heat of the night

slakmagik slakmagik at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 18:04:13 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-18 (Sat) 17:27:04 [+0200], Markus Reichelt wrote:

> What about submissions which maintership has been taken over that do
> not feature the 'legal disclaimer/bsd license foo' at the very
> beginning of the buildscript?  Would it be ok to just add it?  would
> it be ok to add it after having contacted the original
> maintainer/submitter as to that concern, having received no veto?
> (IMHO not that urgent)

I'm sure someone who knows better will correct me if I'm wrong but it's
my understanding that any script like that is just public domain. Things
don't have to be licensed and adding one would actually be changing the
(un)license. I guess you would be free to do that but I don't think
there's a need.