[Slackbuilds-users] eric ide

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 09:05:48 UTC 2012

On 8/19/12, LukenShiro <lukenshiro at ngi.it> wrote:

> Uhmm, here I see a problem: in your SlackBuild there is a line
> referring to old python 2.6 directory who needs to be modified. After
> that it builds perfectly.

While you're at it, use something like this (code taken from my
ecasound.SlackBuild):

# Figure out the version number part of the python lib dir:
PYVER=$( python -c 'import sys; print "%d.%d" % sys.version_info[0:2]' )

PYVER will be "2.6" or "2.7" or whatever. Then in your
./configure or cmake or whatever, use something like
--with-python-modules=/usr/lib$LIBDIRSUFFIX/python$PYVER

Then when Slack 14.1 comes out, with python 2.8, your script wouldn't
need changing (at least, it wouldn't need that part changed).

Disclaimer: IANAPP (I am not a Python programmer). If someone who is a
Python programmer has a better (more elegant) snippet of code to do the
same job, feel free to correct me.