[Slackbuilds-users] requirements in README files

LukenShiro lukenshiro at ngi.it
Tue Jul 10 07:02:45 UTC 2012

Il giorno Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:42:10 +1000
Christoph Willing <c.willing at uq.edu.au> ha scritto:
> A listing of build prerequisites is even more innocuous - no
> particular need for that to appear in a final package at all. My
> suggestion would be for a PREREQS="..." line in the .info file
> (which doesn't by default appear in the final package).

I am not absolutely against this idea, but it is not so simple.
First, there are several types of prerequisites:
- mandatory build dependencies;
- optional build dependencies;
- mandatory runtime dependencies;
- optional runtime dependencies;
- build and/or runtime dependencies who relies on one o more flags
  users can pass to .SlackBuild.
To complicate the scenario ;) upstream developers sometimes use library
auto-detection in their configure files, so maybe it should taken into
the account, too.

Moreover, it would also make sense to note reverse dependencies (a
prerequisite upgrade, particularly for a shared library, often
entails a new compilation of packages who uses it).

--
GNU/Linux * Slackware64 current/multilib
LU #210970 SU #12583 LM #98222/#412913