[Slackbuilds-users] webcore-fonts vs. ARCH

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Wed Jul 25 11:09:43 UTC 2012

Le 25/07/2012 12:35, Klaatu a écrit :
> Sounds cool. Although did you know that the next Slackware release is pretty
> close and that XFCE 4.10 will be included in it?

Yes, I know this. So it will be easier for me to configure a full-blown
XFCE desktop with Slackware 14.0. But in the meantime, I need something
working for 13.37, since it's meant to be a replacement for my currently
Debian+KDE-based "Microlinux Enterprise Desktop". See here for the details:

* http://www.microlinux.fr/desktop_linux.php

> But anyway, the ARCH variable helps decides whether /usr/lib or /usr/lib64 is
> used when installing during the `make install` step, so setting it to "noarch"
> could be bad if you actually need to use /usr/lib* for anything in that
> particular script. But I imagine for fonts, you wouldn't be installing to lib
> so setting it to "noarch" would probably work.

I know this. But if you take a peek at the script, you'll notice that
there's no stuff in /usr/lib*, but only in /usr/share/fonts, which is
architecture-agnostic.

Cheers,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat