[Slackbuilds-users] Submitting a slackbuild

Alan Hicks alan at lizella.net
Sat Jun 9 12:09:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 12:57:59 +0100
Martin <mherda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> What's a recommended course of actions when one of the slackbuilds
> hasn't been updated for a long time and builds a rather outdated
> program. Shall I submit an updated SlackBuild script or try to
> contact the maintainer first?

You should contact the maintainer first. Sometimes you'll find that
it's been largely abandoned and sometimes you'll find the maintainer
just doesn't bother with tracking every minor version number (I fall
into the latter category).

> I wouldn't mind looking after it if the current maintainer is busy
> elsewhere.

If the maintainer has abandoned it or is no longer interested in it,
forward your correspondence to us so we'll know and can assign you as
the new maintainer.

Ecclesiastes 7:5