[Slackbuilds-users] Propose a new approach regarding scripts submission and management

Cowyn Li cowynli at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 16:10:10 UTC 2012

Hello folks,

it's a long time since my last participation here, with a new E-mail
account this time.

My proposal is using Git for all the steps in SlackBuild scripts
management. Think about how Linus manages git repositories for Linux
kernel sources.

IIRC, the workflow of submitting scripts remains unchanged from the
beginning of the project. Can't deny that it's fundamental and
reliable. I do know Slackware fellows always keep thing as simple as
possible. And I guess I countered myself. :-P

Is it just me or are some guys feeling that this workflow is
inconvenient, inefficient, on both submitter side and admin side. I'm
not going to take examples at this time, maybe you have been thinking
about it.