[Slackbuilds-users] Email rejection

higuita higuita at GMX.net
Sun May 20 02:21:51 UTC 2012

Hi
On Sat, 12 May 2012 12:46:58 -0600, Slacker build user
> > rob0 at Shibboleet:~$ telnet slaphappygeeks.com. 25
> I am not an email guru, but from your test session I would say the
> response was OK.

	The rob0 test isnt complete, most problems can be tracked by
his test, but to be sure, its better to do the full smtp delivery:

 02:54:42 ~/$ telnet slaphappygeeks.com. 25
Trying 69.89.18.145...
Connected to slaphappygeeks.com..
Escape character is '^]'.
220-box811.bluehost.com ESMTP Exim 4.76 #1 Sat, 19 May 2012 19:54:53 -0600
220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
220 and/or bulk e-mail.
ehlo caravela.homelinux.net
250-box811.bluehost.com Hello caravela.homelinux.net [178.166.2.21]
250-SIZE 52428800
250-PIPELINING
250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
250-STARTTLS
250 HELP
mail from:<higuita at caravela.homelinux.net>
250 OK
rcpt to:<slacker at slaphappygeeks.com>
250 Accepted
data
354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
Subject: just testing

test the email delivery
.
550 Administrative prohibition

	So as you can see, your smtp server reports that the delivery
is forbidden ... the real reason should be in the server logs.
Something in that exim is wrongly configured... check the config,
compare with the logs and if needed, try to do a debug with

exim4 -d -bh 127.0.0.1

good luck
higuita
--
Naturally the common people don't want war... but after all it is the
leaders of a country who determine the policy, and it is always a