[Slackbuilds-users] some discrepances in the info files

Antonio Hernández Blas hba.nihilismus at gmail.com
Wed May 30 04:59:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Matteo Bernardini
<matteo.bernardini at gmail.com> wrote:
> zerouno of slacky.eu is trying to index the slackbuilds in git and http
> repositories by some scripts he's developing: while doing so, he ran his
> stuff on slackbuilds.org master, comparing the VERSION variable of the
> slackbuild with the one in the info and he had come up with this list
>
> http://www.slacky.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?p=320058#p320058
>
> I had a look at it, and explained him the reason of most discrepancies
> (naming standard and so on), but it seems that he actually spotted some
> oversights: I've tried to prepare a patch for them, feel free to have a
> look :)

Well, *they* must be new but that kind of discrepancies has always
been around [1][2][3] and mainly by the lack of such standards and the
lack of consistency by us, the community.

SBo's admins have made a good job in keeping the project alive during
all this *five years*(?) but (this has been said already) we should
keep an eye in our submits/updates to make less hard the work to them
and at the same time make less error prone our SlackBuils.

So in few words: ch3cK 0u7 uR 5oobm175 m0th3rf00ck3r5!!!

:)

[1] http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2007-August/001787.html
(That used to be my email some years ago).
[2] http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2008-December/003473.html
[3] http://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2010-May/005598.html

--
-
hba | Antonio Hernández Blas | Oaxaca, México, Mx.