[Slackbuilds-users] Trying to make a slackware package of this app...

Heh insomniactoo at localnet.com
Mon Oct 1 13:56:44 UTC 2012

Hi gang,

  I'm not a programmer, never had any formal schooling at all on it and have
  learned what very, very little I know about it from just 'playing' through
  all these years.

  I've found and used this app for about 6 months now and I think it would make
  a very nice addition to the slackware repository of apps, as it's very useful
  to all kinds of users from linux newbies to scientists and such.

  It's a python app called convertall <http://convertall.bellz.org/index.html>
  though and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to build.

  It took me a couple hours to get past the "can't find program" message to it
  now doing "find: invalid expression; I was expecting to find a ')' somewhere
  but did not see one."

  I know everyone's busy getting all their packages updated to run on 14.0, but
  if anyone happens to find a spare minute or two, if you wouldn't mind, give
  me a pointer or a nudge in a direction I could/should try to get this going.

  Luckily it's a small tarball (60kb) so at the hope of not getting too many on
  the list po'd at me, I'll include my slackbuild script and the .info file as
  attachments.

  Thanks,

  John