[Slackbuilds-users] adding LDFLAGS with suffix

Christoph Willing c.willing at uq.edu.au
Wed Oct 3 22:58:35 UTC 2012

I'd be hesitant about adding an LDFLAGS by default.

Although its usually harmless, I've come across  a few builds where I tried to add LDFLAGS, after which autotools borked - the configure phase having suddenly deciding that my system couldn't compile programs anymore. Removal of the explicit LDFLAGS then allowed the configure script to continue (although I'd still have to find some other way to include the required lib directory for linking).

Sorry I don't have particular examples right now but it has definitely happened enough times that I'm now not surprised when it happens.

chris

On 04/10/2012, at 7:51 AM, Nick Blizzard <nickblizzard1776 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Which slackbuilds need this will depend on which libs the build needs and which 32 and 64 bit libs are available on the system.
>
> I'm not holding out a lot of hope for this, but as it doesn't impact anything to add, I thought I would make a suggestion and see what folks thought.
>
> The builds that needed it for me were flgx, glgext, and transcode.
>
> On Oct 3, 2012 5:21 PM, "Jasper Klein" <vliegendehuiskat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just for the record.
> I encountered this same problem, and fixed it in the same mannor today for the transcode slackbuild.
>
> We can add this to all slackbuilds, or only to those that need it.
>
> On 03-10-12 15:14, Nick Blizzard wrote:
> Hadn't hit many of these until 14, but it's become a bit of a pain, so
> I wanted to ask... can this be added standard to slackbuild scripts?
>
> LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX}" \
>
> I can understand some of not supporting multilib, but on this one I am
> not understanding the downside of putting it in.

Christoph Willing              +61 7 3365 8316
Research Computing Centre
University of Queensland