[Slackbuilds-users] sbopkg and the README/.info files (REQUIRES line)

Binh Nguyen binhvng at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 01:49:27 UTC 2012

On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 17:41:12 -0700
Phillip Warner <pc_warner at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You could potentially add a new option to sbopkg to generate a queue
> on the fly by recursively making use of the REQUIRES in the .info file
> of the selected SlackBuild and its respective required slackBuilds and
> so on.  I wouldn't recommend building directly from this.  Rather the
> queue would have to be processed as they are now.  In the GUI a
> "Generate queue" option could be in the menu while viewing any
> SlackBuild.  The cli could use maybe a 'Q' and a filename to save the
> queue to.
>
> --phillip

If you look at the syntax of sbopkg queuefiles, it's not just simply a
list of dependencies but ON/OFF flags, dep options, etc. So we cannot
just utilize REQUIRES like that but some modifications are needed.

Ideally, I think Mauro Giachero's queuefiles git repo should be
maintained in parallel with slackbuilds.org git repo. It would only be
updated when new SlackBuilds be added though. With the new REQUIRES,
maintaining a repo like that would not be so difficult as before I
believe.

-- Binh