[Slackbuilds-users] Building perl-cairo: can't find ExtUtils::Depends though it is installed

Binh Nguyen binhvng at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 09:55:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 10:47:31 +0200
Niki Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr> wrote:

> Le 06/10/2012 09:31, Niki Kovacs a écrit :
> >Is there something else missing that's not stated in the explicit
> >dependencies? Any idea what's going on?
>
> OK, I took a better look. The SlackBuild scripts were originally my
> own, adapted from the 13.37 scripts, which I manually "upgraded" to
> the scripts from 14.0. Guess I must have overlooked some tiny detail
> here, so tiny in fact that I couldn't figure out what it possibly
> was.
>
> Anyway, I made a fresh start with the stock (!) scripts for 14.0,
> launched the successive builds, and everything went fine.

I got an e-mail about this issue before. I guess it's not easy to find
out quickly ;-)

In Perl 5.16, modules are now installed into /usr/share/perl5/ instead
of /usr/lib/perl5/ as in previous versions. As a result, in the
perl-extutils-depends SlackBuild (and some others) for 13.37, this line:

mv $PKG/usr/share/man $PKG/usr && rm -rf $PKG/usr/share

would effectively remove the module if running on 14.0.

The issue had been solved in 14.0 by changing the line to:
mv $PKG/usr/share/man $PKG/usr