[Slackbuilds-users] UrbanTerror SlackBuild

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 23:58:27 UTC 2012

On 10/06/2012 04:26 PM, Markus Reichelt wrote:
> * Matthew Fillpot <mfilpot at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Due to new changes in the version control of urbanterror and the
>> fact that I do not use it anymore I want to drop maintenance of the
>> slackbuild script.  If someone wants to take over then it is yours,
>> just be aware that the structure and download methods have changes
>> considerably.
> Thanks for your work so far. I'm a late arrival - will it (or some
> older version), work on 14.0? :-)

yes... At least urbanterror-4.1.1 does (or did in one of the earlier
RCs).  Not sure yet about 4.2.I was thinking of taking it over but most
servers I play on are still using 4.1.1 and that autoupdate feature
sounds more like a pain in the ass than anything else.  Then there is
the weird authentication system.....  On top of that, their HD version
is more vaporware than Alpha.... On top of that, there is no source code.

Looks like the easiest way to deal with 4.2 is to just unpack it into
$HOME and run from there.  I don't see how all this autoupdate stuff
will work for server admins.  It works so well for Minecraft *sarcasm*
Frozen Sand doesn't even link to 4.1.1 downloads anymore.

So I vote that we drop it from Sbo.

Given how Frozen Sand is being a bunch of asshats, I might start looking
elsewhere as well to spend my very limited entertainment time budget.

Ed