[Slackbuilds-users] bashrun2 Slackbuild typo

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Sat Oct 20 08:43:17 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-10-20 at 12:03:37 +0700, Binh Nguyen wrote:
> I don't think that's a good approach; it causes 2 issues:
>
>  (a) If upstream still uses /etc/bash_completion.d/, when upgrading
>      users would have an additional step of considering the ".new" file
>  (b) If upstream converts to /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/,
>      when upgrading there would be a leftover file in
>      /etc/bash_completion.d
>
> as opposed to clean upgradings whether upstream changes behavior or not.
> The ".new" file should only be created when the new location is used by
> upstream (and if there's a completion file in old location for local
> changes too).

I would have to agree with Robby on moving the file to the new place,
it's analogous to what udev does with its rule files.  System-wide
completion files go to /usr/share/bash-completion/completions/ (without
.new suffix, as they're not meant to be edited by the user in that
location), while user modifications and additions go to
/etc/bash_completion.d/.  I have already done this change for a couple
of my build scripts (node and pip), will submit them as soon as SBo
floodgate is open.

--
Audrius Kažukauskas
http://neutrino.lt/