[Slackbuilds-users] System-wide addons for Seamonkey and Firefox?

Niki Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Fri Sep 7 08:48:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm a happy user of SBo, using nearly 200 packages built courtesy of the
SlackBuild scripts here (numerous pats on many shoulders). There's only
about two dozen packages where I had to either alter the scripts to fit
my needs or write some from scratch.

Now there's one set of addons left where I'm banging my head against the
wall^^^^^keyboard, that's the extensions for Seamonkey and/or Firefox.

I live in France, so the vast majority of the systems I install here are
in French. Though there is a small german-speaking community in a
village nearby, and I also provide some installs for these folks (I'm
Austrian, so german is my native language).

Slackware being not exactly an i18n-friendly distribution, I'm more or
less searching in vain for translation packages. I'm mainly a Seamonkey
user for web & mail, so of course, once it's installed, I can open the
addons page and grab the corresponding .xpi packages for translations
and Adblock Plus (a must-have addon). But when installing a network with
more than fifty users, this solution is not viable.

As a temporary workaround, I've created a template user, installed all
the needed addons, modified the configuration and then packaged all of
~/.mozilla to be installed into /etc/skel. But this is the Quick & Dirty
solution. My packaging skills stop here.

If anyone of you guys knows how to build real clean packages for
system-wide browser addons, I would really be grateful.

Cheers from my little South French village,

Niki
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr
Mail : info at microlinux.fr