[Slackbuilds-users] SlackBuilds-users Digest, Vol 76, Issue 6

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Mon Sep 10 21:38:29 UTC 2012

On Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:24:12 +0200
Jasper Klein <vliegendehuiskat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys!
>
> Just to let you know, I've already fixed some of the packages on this
> checklist: http://www.slackbuilds.org/Checklist.txt
>
> Examples include wireshark, virtualbox and vlc.
>
> You can find these fixes in my github mirror of SBo at:
> https://github.com/Vliegendehuiskat/slackbuilds

I think everything has been merged except for the following:

live555: the "latest" version is not necessarily a problem on its own,
but that tarball will obviously change upstream and make our md5 hash
be wrong.  You'd really need to host the tarball somewhere else, *and*
change the naming from "latest" to something else, e.g. date-based.

virtualbox*: you missed the addons, which have to stay synced with the
other parts.  pprkut says that vbox-4.2.0 is due real soon now and that
he will get the build updated very soon after that :-)

vlc: lots of configure flags removed make me nervous.  I'm not saying
it's wrong, but without time to verify it right now, I'd rather hold
off on that commit.  If some others can confirm that it's correct as
is, then sure, I'll take it.

-RW