[Slackbuilds-users] bootchart README

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Fri Sep 14 22:22:53 UTC 2012

On Sat, 15 Sep 2012 01:15:58 +0300
Mikko Värri <vmj at linuxbox.fi> wrote:

> isn't this a problem down the road?  if apache-ant stops depending on
> jdk, then someone should remember to add jdk to bootchart. (stupid
> example, but you get the point.)  imho, REQUIRES should not be
> optimized like this.

This is a valid point.  In fact, change the context to shared library
dependencies, and the trend is exactly the opposite.  These days, all
deps are expected to be linked in explicitly or else things go boom;
we've had to fix a lot of those :-)

I suspect that it's something we'll address again if it causes enough
problems to warrant a change, but until/unless it does, we'll likely
keep doing what we're doing.

-RW