[Slackbuilds-users] Enhancement Request

Chris Baker chris.l.baker at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 22:54:24 UTC 2012

I was trying to run the Murmur slackbuild (
http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.37/network/murmur/) and I had to
struggle through a number of dependency issues.
In particular, you can't even build without having qmake installed.
Maybe this is only a problem for me since I stripped down my Slackware
install, but it might be worth noting these dependencies in the README.

It looks to me like the extra packages most people will need are:
 - Qt4 (probably don't need the full-blown package, but it looks like it
needs most of the core libraries and qmake)
 - Protobuf (thankfully, there is a slackbuild for this and it didn't
introduce any further dependencies for me)

-Chris Baker