[Slackbuilds-users] eric slackbuild

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Sun Apr 14 19:11:42 UTC 2013

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013, Robby Workman wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:57:10 -0400
> John Yost <alleytrotter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I tried to build 'eric' on slack14 using the slackbuild, upon the
>> following error I sent to the upstream developer as incidatec in the
>> error message and got the following reply:
>>

>> """
>> Hello,
>>
>> that is a fairly common error made even by distributions. They updated
>> PyQt4 and/or sip and forgot to redo the QScintilla Python bindings.
>> Please let them know. There is nothing I can do about that.
>>
>> Detlev
>>
>> On Sunday 07 April 2013, 15:00:37 you wrote:
>>
>>> Checking dependencies Python Version: 2.7.3 Found PyQt4 Found
>>> QtHelp An internal error occured.  Please report all the output of
>>> the
>> program,
>>> including the following traceback, to
>>> eric4-bugs at eric-ide.python-projects.org.
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last): File "install.py", line 1059, in
>>> <module> main(sys.argv) File "install.py", line 955, in main
>>> doDependancyChecks() File "install.py", line 714, in
>>> doDependancyChecks from PyQt4 import Qsci RuntimeError: the sip
>>> module implements API v9.0 to v9.1 but the PyQt4.Qsci module
>>> requires API v8.1
>>>

>> *Detlev Offenbach*
>> detlev at die-offenbachs.de
>> """
>>
>> Possibly because I upgraded Kde to 4.10.2????
>

> Yes, quite likely.  I'll defer to alienBOB on this though - he's
> more familiar with exactly what was upgraded as part of the
> kde-4.10.2 stuff on Slackware 14.0.
>
> The best way to verify would be to try a vanilla 14.0 installation;
> I'm guessing that all is well there.
>
> - -RW

Yes, Pat rebuilt QScintilla in slackware-current after we got a
bugreport about it (the PyQt and sip upgrade warranted a QScintilla
upgrade).
However I forgot to apply a QScintilla rebuild to my own KDE 4.10.2
set for Slackware 14.

A simple rebuild of QScintilla will cure this. I will add a package to
my ktown repo as well, as soon as I can.

Cheers, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers <alien at slackware.com>
Jabber: alien at jabber.xs4all.nl